The web market is a fast-changing world. Here, the tricks that were effective previous year might not work effectively this year. Thus, you need to have up-to-the-minute information. When it comes to remaining updated, the part that should get much of your attention is the conversion rate optimization as it decides your digital success.
There are numerous websites that have massive conversion problems even though they have good traffic and ranks. Thus, it has been the prime concern for both lead generating sites and eCommerce websites. It will dominate even in 2016. Keeping this in mind, here some beneficial conversion optimization techniques are discussed.
With the ease of handheld smartphones, people are more prone to surf the Internet using mobile devices, instead of laptops or desktops. It means that a mobile version of your site fetch you several opportunities to convert visitors into buyers.
This is why a good number of website owners went for mobile versions last year and the number is expected to increase this year. Prioritizing your visitors’ comfort while they surf from mobiles, your website’s mobile version must have the following characteristics.
- Easy Visibility: The screen of a mobile is smaller than a desktop and that’s why you need to ensure that your mobile contents are more inviting. Apart from this, you have to use mobile-friendly images and readable fonts.
- Quick Loading Time: There are several countries where cellular data networks are much slower than wired network connections and this is one of the main reasons behind cart cancellations. Therefore, it is better to use preload information so that you needn’t await the network.
- Get Rid of Image Carousels: Image carousels also discourage visitors as they slide very fast and they are also very small in size. In place of them, single messages can be used for simplicity.
If you are associated with the digital world, you might have heard the term personalization. Be it an eCommerce store, a lead generating website or a blog, personalized content is always preferred.
To get a personalized website, you should be aware of the behaviour of the visitors of your website. An effective example is set by the Hubspot Blog that has divided contents into three different segments for three types of visitors, namely marketers, sales professionals and agencies. The Sales Benchmark Index Blog goes a step further by allowing visitors to choose a persona suitable for them.
A few ideas to create a personalized website are discussed here.
- Personalized Emails: With the introduction of social media and instant messaging, the importance of email marketing has been decreased but if planned tactically, it can prove to be more effective than the other available messaging media. With proper presentation, it can definitely bring a lot of traffic to your website. To make your personalized emails effective, you can consider the following tips.
- One of the most useful steps to do email marketing is segmentation. It is a process to divide contents into small parts to ensure that right email is being sent to the right customers.
- You should also take the help of automated behavioral trigger emails. They will help you comprehend how the products and services are used by the customers.
- Design your emails in a mobile friendly way as more than 66% of emails are viewed on mobiles. It is advisable to keep the width of the emails 500 pixels, body copy 14 pixels and headlines 22 pixels.
- Localized Contents: Localized contents also play an important role to build an effective email marketing campaign. With every visit of a user, you can gain information about his location. It is very effective to use this information to create localized contents.
- Dynamic Images and Pricing: When it comes to email marketing, images and pricing have important roles to play. It is very beneficial to use dynamic pricing that is a technology-based pricing system. It is meant for pricing products based on the present market conditions. You should also consider dynamic images that are responsible for showing products in action and offering visitors a real-time
A/B Testing for Apps
Apps are the popular inclusions into the digital world. Whether you are to shop, date and socialize, there is an app for you. With the increase in the use of mobile devices, apps have become popular in the market. And this has pushed many businesses to run in-app A/B testing to increase conversion rate by implementing different interface options. By keeping the below-mentioned points in mind, you can instantly increase your conversion rate.
- Before you test your site randomly, you should have some idea about your customers’ behavior. With the knowledge of their likings, most used features, you can chalk out a plan and test beneficial elements in your app.
- You also need to keep a close vigil on the performance of the app that has been developed. For this, you have to measure in-app analytics. Apart from this, you have to set goals for your app and test its performance on the basis of it.
- Moreover, you need to look for the ways of improvement, continually. You should test your app for unlimited times and improve.
While discussing the methods of conversion optimization, the cross-platform testing can’t be ignored. It is the process of testing the suitability of the content designs and other elements on different platforms and devices. The test allows you to deliver UI/UX design appropriate for both web and mobile.
To do this, you need to understand the behavioral differences of the platforms. You must be aware of the guidelines of all of them.
The task of automating marketing actions with the help of software is called ‘marketing automation’. There are various marketing departments that are responsible for doing repetitive tasks such as email, social media and website actions. The software simplifies the entire task.
It brings traffic to websites, converts that traffic into leads and earns customers from those leads. The process has gained popularity in the digital world in a very short time because of the benefits attached to it. Here are three steps to use marketing automation successfully.
- Before using the marketing automation software, you have to set goals that you want the software to reach. You also need to set a budget.
- You should be very choosy while selecting the marketing automation software. It has to be suitable for both your budget and requirement. Check out its features, support and price. Look for the platforms like HubSpot, Marketo, Eloqua etc that are known for human error reduction, doing repetitive tasks perfectly, handling complex works and optimizing your efforts.
If you are concerned about increasing your website’s conversion rate, you should spend some time in video marketing. It is among the most useful ways to convince your visitors to buy your product or service. Here are some statistics that would lure you to go for video marketing.
- Around 64% of visitors go for a purchase after watching a video about the product.
- If videos are promoted through email marketing, you can gain click-through rates by 200% to 300%.
- If the email has the word “video” in the subject line, the open rate is increased by 19% and the unsubscribe rate is reduced by 26%.
What is best about video marketing is that it is a versatile way to market your brand. You can create videos of various types such as product videos, testimonial videos, informative videos and more. You can have several video-making tools to make videos. You don’t even need to worry about the platforms to market videos. There are several social media sites like Facebook, Instagram where video posting is very popular. Twitter is now equipped with the video uploading feature.
With this information, it is not difficult to conclude that video marketing can really earn more traffic for you. But due to the increasing competition, you need to be aware of the latest trends. Here are 3 trends that can bring you benefits.
- Creating interactive videos is really very effective. It gives the audience a chance to click and engage with the video instead of being a silent spectator. It is not only entertaining but also is a great way to inform people about your business.
- With the improvement of analytics, it has become easier to understand and trace customers’ behavior and preferences. Therefore, target a particular set of customers and go for a targeted video marketing campaign.
- More than 20% of videos are viewed on mobile devices and the percentage is increasing day by day. Thus, creating mobile friendly videos makes sense.
Call to Action Buttons
Calls to action (CTA) buttons are meant for guiding visitors toward a purpose or action. They are considered one of the most useful elements in the conversion process. It is a way to get visitors’ contact details with their consent. When they click your call to action button, they are actually permitting you to communicate with them. The steps to create impressive call to action buttons are described below.
- While designing the buttons, you have to pay a lot of attention to the colour coordination. Choose colors that stand differently on your website. You also need to ensure that it suits the background rather than making a clash with it.
- Another important factor associated with the CTA buttons is the placement of them. Try and avoid placing them on the sidebars or in the central content area.
- Last but not the least, creativity wins the race. Since there are a lot of websites having well designed CTA buttons, it is your creativity that can differentiate you from others in the race.
Track Your Conversions
To get a huge conversion rate, you have to track all your conversions from micro to macro. It is necessary to have a look at the micro conversions as the macro ones depend on them a lot. When a visitor comes to your website all you can expect is a micro conversion. You have to notice these conversions as they will tell you the areas of improvement. They will also guide you to create more satisfactory offers and thereby you will be able to understand the relation between micro and macro conversions.
To track your micro conversions don’t just be limited within your own website. You can also track them from email responses or interactions over social media and blogs. Keep in mind that every micro conversion gives you an opportunity to influence the visitors for a macro conversion.
This was a little attempt to help you with the ways to increase the conversion rate. Just stick to the above-discussed methods and, of course, be true to your creative spirit. You will surely witness the improvement. Keep coming back, to stay updated with more information.