A Google offering, YouTube is probably one of the most powerful online marketing tools, the potential of which if explored can work wonders for any business. This medium is emerging as an important tool for online marketing that is being used by businesses large, medium and small to create an impactful presence in the digital world.
More and more people are resorting to watching videos online rather than reading blocks of text information on websites. Also there has been a noticeable shift in people spending more time to watch stuff online rather than on TV. These fact make it all the more crucial to take up YouTube as an online marketing tool. Here are some reasons why every business should take to this marketing channel.
- Helps in branding
Videos are shared in massive numbers. Although you cannot focus solely on it going viral, you can definitely bank upon the shareable factor of videos. You can connect to your niche and convey messages about your brand. Visual images leave a lasting impression as compared to only text content. New product lines, launches, partnerships, etc. can all be conveyed through videos.
- Improves SEO
Google loves sites that have their presence on YouTube and having images of your website will improve the visibility of your site and engage audiences more, giving you an edge over your competitors. Besides having YouTube videos will enable to you add video schema to your website that will improve you SEO.
- Connect to your niche audience
Videos are a great way to connect to your target audiences. If your video is engaging and interesting, one viewer is sure to refer to share it with others making it viral and reach out to potential customers.
- Easy to make
Videos are easy to make that can be put in place with a simple webcam or even phone camera with recording. This way you can produce original content by spending negligible amount of money.
However, if you are planning to make use of this potent marketing tool, there are a few things that you ought to keep in mind because you do not want to be one of the run of the mill videos that fail to garner the desired response.
- Take a close look at what your competitors are doing and including in their videos. Study successful video campaigns of similar businesses and understand what people like and what they are not.
- It is important to use Google Keyword Tool to earmark the keywords that shall work best for you and include them in your video so that it shows up when people search those keywords.
- You can make more than one video for your business and variety is key. Think innovatively to include variety in your videos so that people are always interested and curious to see your videos.
- Be consistent in sharing a message. If you have more than one video, it can be confusing for viewers if you try to convey different messages in various videos. You have to be consistent and this will help build the brand image. Consistency can be in the format, logo, music or theme song, etc. that shall assist your audiences to identify with your brand.
- Pay attention to quality. Your video has to be steady, well edited with good sound quality and not over stuffed with text matter. Keep the videos simple but superior technically. You can include tutorials or screenshots or graphics in your video.
Though most aspects of marketing through YouTube have been discussed here, it is important that you yourself study the channel well and understand every facet of it, it benefits as well as disadvantages and how to maximize the gains of this tool.